Accreditation & Credentials
Proven results. Our students learn with, and from, one another. Our programs exceed national standards and offer students a more comprehensive education that will better prepare them to be successful in a global society.
- Our AP® pass rate is higher than the national average
- VHS course completion rate is over 80%
- Fully accredited and award winning programs
- The foundation for several grant projects
VHS was granted national accreditation in 2010. Their mission is to advance excellence in education and promote continual school improvement leading to greater student achievement.
- VHS was granted national accreditation by the Middle States Commission on Secondary Schools (MSCSS) in 2008 for setting the bar for online education, and acting as an exemplar of how quality courses can be delivered over the Internet. The MSCSS, is a non-governmental, nonprofit, peer-administered organization of educational institutions committed to the highest quality education.
VHS courses have been approved by the NCAA since 2002. To view a list of NCAA-approved VHS course see the VHS catalog, or visit the NCAA Eligibility Center - VHS is school code #221356.
For a list of California Aprroved UC/CSU A-G Courses, please click here.
Tracking Student Progress
It’s important for us to measure and track student progress each semester. We are as much a part of online research and development, as we are a provider of online education. These metrics help us to better our programs and design successful learning systems that pave the way for others in the industry to follow.
A Global Education
Today’s graduates need a solid base of academic subject knowledge; critical thinking and problem solving skills. They need the ability to innovate, communicate, and collaborate with diverse people from around the world. Through wikis, blogs and content designed to foster discussion and debate, VHS students have the ability to analyze, critique and create with classmates worldwide. Students practice global citizenship through the sharing of ideas in a virtual classroom, and are better prepared academically, technologically, and globally to face the challenges of college and careers.
In addition to our curriculum and content, quality online teaching is a prerequisite before facilitating any of our courses. All VHS teachers are required to complete our own graduate-level training to guarantee that students receive the support and guidance they need during their courses. This type of facilitation separates VHS from other online course providers, and offers students the opportunity to delve into independent studies while still benefiting from the support of a classroom teacher.