The VHS Collaborative in Massachusetts
For over 15 years, The VHS Collaborative has partnered with districts and schools in Massachusetts to provide high-quality online courses to students. We serve 6,000 students in nearly 200 middle schools and high schools in Massachusetts annually. VHS has a proven track record in online education in the state of Massachusetts.
VHS and The Digital Learning Advisory Council
VHS will have a seat on the new Digital Learning Advisory Council established by the Commonwealth Virtual Schools Act to advise the Commissioner of Elementary and Secondary Education regarding virtual schools, supplemental online courses, education technology, and blended learning best practices. Other members on this council include representatives from:
- American Federation of Teachers
- Massachusetts Teachers Association
- Massachusets Association of School Superintendents
- Massachusets Association of School Committees
- Massachusets Secondary School Administration
- a non-profit organization that conducts research and training related to online education
- an institution of higher education that provides online education for K-12 students, and
- a parent of a student who attends a commonwealth virtual school full-time.
For more information on the council, visit the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education.